Monday, April 6, 2009

Why do bad things happen to good people?

There is no explanation, no justification. I cried off and on all day, I hugged my daughter and son. I thanked G_d for my family. A child should never leave this world before a parent, no one should ever have to experience such a cruel tragedy. There is no greater loss in the world than to suffer losing a child. And, our town is in mourning. I knew Emily from the high schol swim team, she graduated a year after my daughter. They had a class or two together and Emily was very good friends with two of my daughters good friends. A really wonderful girl brutally taken from this world, a world she wanted to help save. A sweet and gentle soul is who she was. As a parent and Mother I extend my deepest sympathy to her family and pray my children will always be protected from the sick people that exist in our world. I pray they make the right choices because they've had good guidance and I pray they are watched over by loved ones who have left this world at ripe ages to watch over us and protect us. I hope for justice although I doubt that could bring solace to any greiving parent. I dont think I am a strong enough person to live through a tragedy so great.

Why do bad things happen to good people? There is no explanation.

Dedicated to Emily Silverstein and her family.