Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Im taking up knitting again!

Knitting is very therapeutic, even when it turns out a scarf or doll blanket with holes. I remember it was calming when I quit smoking and in the past few years on the 4 hour drives to visit my daughter in college. Do I attempt to look in my closet for what I was last working on? It is a beautiful ribbon yarn in vibrant jewel tones.
I think I will enlist my hubbys help after dinner; odd new house projects, wouldnt you say? :-/

The orthopedist today said "you need to be off your feet 8 weeks minimum, then we go from there". I can still hear the sound of his voice telling me if it doesnt heal properly i'll end up with arthritis in my foot and it will be painful. He did agree with my suggestion of doing some strength excersizes at home when I told him my back, neck and everything else was killing me!!!

In a couple very short weeks Ive heard three tragedies that immediately come to mind. Natasha Richardson died after a fall while skiing unknowing she had a brain injury. The next tragedy was a young girl, a sophmore at my daughters college who while on vacation in DR after an enjoyable day trip on a boat, stepped out of the boat into only 2 feet of water, friends saw her tilt her head back under the water and never come up. Lastly, my Manager told me of an associate in another office who while visiting her daughter and grandchildren fell down stairs, hit her head and died.

I'm feeling very lucky, even when I want to think about "why me? why now?....",
so, I'm going to find my knitting.