Saturday, March 28, 2009

Times flies when you're makin' lemonade!

Almost 2 weeks have flown by and Im making lots of lemonade, as the saying goes; "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade"!


I keep typing and deleting, paragraph's have come and gone. Instinctually I want to make lemonade, because I just dont like to be the complaining type. I always feel there is someone worse off than me. I wanted this blog to be about Real Estate, even something about Cruising (None in the works right now, so Im currently creepin' my brother/sister-in-laws Roll call offerring advice to newbie cruisers going on Adventure OTS in April) but its going to be all about me.

In my quest to find better health in 2009 I (re)started in Dec 08, Jan 09 was good (good test results), Feb 09 began a series of bad turning worse but all fairly managable, or so I thought....until a nicely planned March day turned into my broken foot!! *pout* I am very pissed but quickly adopted the "this too shall pass" attitude. Now I need a real plan. With an already problematic shoulder and elbow and of course opposite sides, sigh, how do I manage them so they dont worsen!? I was supposed to start physical therapy, another "on hold". Being on one foot for the past 5 days is killing my back. The ER gave me codeine, I cant take it. Breathe...."this too shall pass". Crutches= good for the young and physically fit! Thats how I feel about them right now. Tomorrow I will start an excersize routine of floor excersizes to strengthen my back and keep it that way! Nothing I can do about my elbow, but I will resort to old shoulder excersize. Nutrisystem to the rescue, Im not allowing this to get me down and make me eat!

Family= wonderful, although they are starting to tease me. You know what, its whimsical and definitely keeps us in a better frame of mind. Husband, Id marry him all over again for all his compassion and help in picking up everything I usually do and still smiling. (Thank you Hal for presenting it that way, you summed it up, now Im going to have to plan a vow-renewal! lol)

Passover in just a week! A week of GREAT cooking special foods that speak Tradition in our home for over 20 years. I will do what I can to make sure my boys & girl have some favorite foods. Im learning to navigate my kitchen when possible.

Thanks to my friends who have given words or inspiration.

This is only a bump in the road and this too shall pass.